(1 x MGT30 + 1 x BPST + 1 x MEDTVC)
Definition of the project: water and electricity cogeneration with the MGT30 25 MW combined cycle gas turbine including:
- a dual pressure recovery boiler;
- anMIGD MED-TVC desalination unit;
- adual pressuresteam turbineand the related generator; and,
- anMGT30gasturbineand the related generator.
In this project, the steam produced in the low-pressure section of the recovery boiler is mixed with the pre-pressurized turbine’s output steam to provide the steam required for the desalination unit.
Advantages of the project:
- Higheffectiveelectrical efficiency
- Production of high-quality fresh water
- Distributed generation and desalination simultaneously
- A significant increase inefficiencycompared withsimplecycle power plants
- Substituting thedesalination unit for the cooling system at the outputof thesteam turbine – and thus removing thecoolingsystem