Monenco Iran was established in 1973 as a joint venture company between private sector and Montreal Engineering Company of Canada. The company started its activity with a focus in power industry of Iran. In 1980, Monenco Iran established a subsidiary, Ghods Niroo, and cooperation with the Canadian partner was terminated. In 1991, Monenco Iran began a new round of its activities by partnership with the government of Iran and later, Monenco Agra of Canada. In the late 90s, MAPNA Company became the main shareholders of Monenco Iran by buying shares of the government of Iran and the British AMEC. Since then, Monenco Iran has served as an engineering wing of MAPNA.
Monenco offers various engineering, consulting, and design services in the field of power plants, power transmission and distribution, grid and system studies in power industry; petrochemical and downstream facilities in oil & gas industry, petrochemicals; and renewal and optimization of industrial equipment.
Engineering consulting on renewable energies, electricity/steam cogeneration facilities, distributed power generation, synergy of thermal and electricity/water plants, and automation of distribution grids and high voltage substations along with dispatching, telecommunication, geology, and mines can be mentioned as the other presentable services for clients.
- Participation in construction of 39 thousand megawatts of power plant, 20 thousand kilometers of transmission line, 10 thousand megavolt ampere posts, 15 national and regional dispatching centers, 27 telecommunications and smart metering comprehensive plans;
- Participation in commissioning and execution of engineering processes for 12 oil & gas facilities and refinery complexes, execution of five renewable energy projects, ten distributed generation projects, 10 heat recovery and energy consumption optimization projects, 22 geology and mining projects, 3 railway electrification projects, and 30 feasibility studies’ projects.
- The only engineering company granted an appreciation award by National Financial Award;
- Participation in construction of gas pipeline projects, and execution of engineering procedures in coal mining projects;
- Pilot implementation of FAHAM (National Smart Metering Program);
- Execution of 7 projects in Oman in fields of transmission lines, high voltage substation, electric and telecommunications systems studies;
- Three-year contract with Oman Electricity Transmission Company as selected consultant engineer for electric systems studies;
- MoUs in oil & gas, petrochemical, telecommunications, and architecture projects for commercial and tourist buildings in Nigeria;
- Winner of tender for HVAC of power transmission line in CASA 1000 project in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan, and achieving the highest technical score;
- Reliability analysis for Bangladesh power grid commissioned by Power Cell;
- Consultancy for Bangladesh Power Development Board in the Shahjibazar 330 MW combined cycle power plant project.