MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company initiated its activities in 1998 with implementation of MAPNA Group’s first overseas power plant project, the Raysut Gas Power Plant in Oman. This was followed by implementation of mega-projects inside the country. Khark Island Power Plant, Phase I of South Pars Gas Field Development Project, South Isfahan Power Plant (the first power plant project based on BOT scheme), and Abadan gas-fueled power plant are other projects executed by MD-3.
The company started its official activity as a MAPNA Group subsidiary in August 2005, with a focus on industrial utility projects such as construction of power and steam auxiliary equipment for petrochemical plants. Power plants, substations, and transmission lines were other lines of business pursued by MD-3. The company also made a foray into desalination and supply of fresh water, launching the Qeshm Island's Water and Power Cogeneration Plant. MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company (MD-3) was also in charge of executing the first F-class combined cycle power plant in Iran, part of MAPNA Group's strategy of constructing higher-efficiency power plants.
MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company serves as a general contractor for management and execution of power plant projects, construction of auxiliary utilities for oil & gas, power, CHP, and fresh water utilities. The company relies on the efficiency and cutting-edge knowledge of its human resources to meet stakeholders' interests and realize sustainable development.
MD-3 has carried out projects with an overall capacity of 5447 MWs, generation of 5705 tons of steam per hour, and 24 thousand cubic meters of water per day. Projects now under construction by MAPNA Special Projects Construction & Development Company hold an overall capacity of 3554 in power sector and 690 tph in steam sector. MD-3 has constructed and commissioned more than 200 GIS feeders and 30 AIS feeders with various capacities of 63, 132, 230, and 400 kvs, 20 kilometers of 400-kv power transmission lines, and 10 kilometers of 132-kv power transmission lines. The capacity under construction includes 20 GIS feeders.
- Engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of 14 megaprojects in oil & gas and power industries, including power plants, oil & gas utilities, power and steam cogeneration, and power and water cogeneration, in Iran and other countries
- Know-how in execution of industrial, power plant and refinery projects
- Flexible organizational procedures for management and execution of small-, medium-, and large-scale projects
- Silver award for Qeshm Water and Power Cogeneration Project
- National Knowledge Management Award
- National Organizational Excellence and Efficiency Award
- World Energy Foundation Award for Qeshm Water and Power Cogeneration Project
- Installation and commissioning of 25-MW turbines
- Installation and commissioning of multi-effects desalination (MED) systems
- Installation and commissioning of water catchment systems and sea water transfer pipelines
- Installation and commissioning of PMS systems
- Installation and commissioning of isolation transformers
- Installation and commissioning of high-capacity auxiliary boilers (165 tph/75 tph)
- Installation and commissioning of GIS and AIS substations and power transmission lines
- Phase Zero 3D Project Design
- Installation and commissioning of turbine feedwater pumps
- Installation and commissioning of black start diesels generators
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies