Technological capabilities and business diversification, as well as Iran's Ministry of Health and Medical Education's policy of outsourcing healthcare services encouraged MAPNA Group to establish its healthcare division in mid-2010s. Based on the April 2015 agreement with the Ministry of Health, MAPNA Group undertook purchase, importation, installation, and operation of medical imaging equipment for a ten-year period, as well as knowhow transfer and domestic manufacture of these equipment.
Subsequent to this agreement, MAPNA Healthcare Company signed contracts with several public universities of medical sciences (who, by law, administer public hospitals) to carry out installation and operation of equipment for their affiliated medical centers. Negotiations with private hospitals are also taking place at the moment. To date, MAPNA Healthcare Company has provided hundreds of thousands of Iranian citizens with imaging services.
- Imaging and angiography services for 730,000 clients up to June 2019
- Supply and operation of imaging and angiography services for 30 public medical centers
- Implementation of quality management standards
- First-time implementation and development of teleradiology systems in Iran
- Investment in medical imaging services of public hospitals
- Nationwide delivery of services with a focus on less developed regions
Fields of activity
- Procurement and supply of imaging equipment (CT scan, MRI, angiography, ultrasonography, and radiology devices) demanded by public hospitals' imaging centers
- Investment and partnership in supplying medical centers with auxiliary equipment (UPS, cooling systems, access control systems, computer systems and equipment, and monitoring systems)
- Management and operation of public hospitals' imaging centers
- Full management and operation of imaging centers in Shahid Rajaei Hospital (Karaj), Firouzgar Hospital (Tehran), and Shahid Mofatteh Hospital (Varamin)